November 14, 2011

The Manticore's Secret

The Manticore's Secret (GameWorld Trilogy #2)The Manticore's Secret by Samit Basu

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


       This book is even better than the first part! If the first part is just a setting to introduce the main characters and start off the narration, this has lot more plot items and excellent dibs at typecasts in the fantasy genre and is equally fun and entertaining as the first one.
       The plot with all the Gods discussing the Game World is pure magic. It has elements of philosophy, making fun, surprise everything. That part is a brilliant work by Samit Basu.
        All those references to various religions, mythologies too are very subtly placed and goes with the flow. I still don't know in which genre this book goes. Its definitely a fantasy but is it a spoof of fantasy genre or a light-hearted fantasy book which pokes fun of itself? Whatever it is, I am in love with this series which is important for any fantasy tale to be successful.
       I would LOVE to see it as a motion picture trilogy like LOTR but I don't think the book is famous enough in India itself and I don't think Western people can completely understand the Genius of Basu as many references include Indian Mythology.
       I am eagerly waiting to read the third part...
       



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment