June 24, 2013

Why I wasn't satisfied with TDKR

Just stumbled across this piece that was in the form of draft for quite some time. I wrote this immediately after watching TDKR but by now I read many many blogs/discussion boards on the topic that this becomes irrelevant but still, here it goes...

   
Many people got surprised when I said I did not like the latest and last batman movie. Here are some of the reasons I didn't like it:

1) They show that Ra's Al Ghul comes back to that well/prison and rescues Bane and others. So why are there still people in the well? Did Ra's Al Ghul take over the fort and the well/prison and is now using it to maintain his own prisoners?
2) How the hell did Batman get back to Gotham so easily from the prison without anything when the whole city was blocked on all sides?
3) If you just look at the plot, it is like a typical action movie where there is a villian who has a nuclear weapon and the hero destroys it in the end. I have seen so many movies with this plot and batman repeats it??
4) Why does he make the Bat signal at the end when he should be trying to find the huge nuclear bomb?
5) The baseball filed scene is just an attempt to recreate the now iconic bank robbery scene from TDK.

   Incidentally, I quite liked the Robin part at the end which everyone hated!

No comments:

Post a Comment