August 14, 2010

And then there were none : my review

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Another gripping novel from Agatha Christie. Though by the very nature of the story, it is impossible to solve the mystery as a reader, the actual story of what happened(explained in an epilogue) is too vague and far-fetched. I liked the poem and how close she followed it in all the deaths, though.
From the three books I read of hers, I feel that all her books have the suspense and mystery all the time we read the book but the endings are too convoluted for a reader to guess. A mystery novel should be such that a careful reader should be able to solve it before it is explained or at least at the end, one should feel like he could have solved it had he paid more attention. That doesn't seem to be the case with her books. But still, as I said we can read the books for the thrill we get while reading it(though the ending might seem to complex to have guessed).

P.S. I said above things after reading only three of her novels. So, I might be wrong.


No comments:

Post a Comment