August 13, 2010

I've had enough God!! My review

I've Had Enough... GodI've Had Enough... God by Tejeshwar Singh

My rating: 1 of 5 stars


I bought this book when I was interning in bangalore and wanted to kill time. It starts off with an interesting premise but the story takes a downturn from there. The author mixed up philosophy, religion, philanthrophy and many other elements(even a quarter-baked love angle). To do such a thing, the author should always have proper idea of what he wanted to show. He mixed up all and ended up showing the protagonist as God. After you complete the book, you don't find any question answered or any point made. Its more like how the lead came to know he was a God(that too I feel is not at all convincing). Half the book is spent on how the lead sees negative deeds being done and how cant see all these things happening, occasionally aided by that Baba. Add to this some seriously filmy threads like his dad's friend's father angle, love angle etc and you end up with a very immature handling of such a heavy concept(this is his first book).

The only good thing about this book is its beginning(maybe a few tens of pages).

View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment