June 9, 2011

The Complete Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

I have never come across such an insane book. I now understand why it was such a smash hit worldwide and particularly among the teenagers at the time of its radio broadcasts because it is so imaginative and very very(write as many number of 'very's you want) funny. The book isn't about the plot. The plot is just a mask to bring out the awesome one-liners. You never know where the story is going but frankly you don't care! The constant references to the vast universe and the triviality of life is so exciting! I am still in the process of completing the series but couldn't resist talking about it. I think why it clicks so much is because it is not only funny but couples it with amazing imagination and talks about 'The Life, Universe and Everything' ;). The whole mood is so up-lifting and takes the series to a much higher level.
        It is true that I found it a bit boring at some places mainly because the story is not gripping and bores you after a while. But it is worth reading for the crazy, wild and insane dialogues. I am thoroughly enjoying reading it and strongly recommend it to everyone. To further stress my point, I will soon come up with another post with a compilation of some of the best dialogues from the book which made me crack-up a lot.
        I rate it 4/5 for entertaining me so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment